This blog is one of opportunity as opposed to intent. In July we set off for an 8-week holiday taking us to far west WA via any and every dirt road possible. Over that 8 weeks we seen some amazing places and traversed some of Australia’s more remote roads. It was because of this passion for the great outdoors coupled with our love of geocaching that we found a cache in every state and territory along the way.
Below I have listed several the highlights which if it wasn’t for geocaching we might have driven straight past it:
- · GCKJFX - Haddons Corner
- · GC20AQZ - Big Red (Eastern Gateway to the Simpson Desert)
- · GC720YF - Boulia - The Outback Way
- · GC1X7T9 - The Tanami
- · GC15A9Y - Wolfe Creek Crater
- · GC44CZM - Devonian Reef
- · GC6PJJC - Mitchell Falls EarthCache
- · GC3QZVR - Jam and Cream
- · GC6Z57T - Mataranka Thermal Spring
- · GC3NP5R - Paint me a Picture
- · GC2GA51 – Oodnabloodydatta
- · GCPFZ2 - Dog Gone
- · GC6TGET - Lake Eyre South
- · GCQ1P3 - Strzelecki Crossing
- · GC5TP9W – Tibooburra
- · GC469D1 - Mr M Remembers Soap
- · GC644GN - A Step Back In Time
- · GC1F16X - "As KEEN as"
- · GC3W165 – snowbreak
- · GC1DRN2 - Jindabyne International Airport
- · GC67R6J - Forgotten Fireplace
The power of geocaching to make a holiday into adventure can’t be underestimated. These finds will go towards finding GC6VF7W Australia All Over Challenge.